Vapour Blasting, Dry Blasting & Surface Reconditioning
Vapour blasting, carried out by DP Tyres, Wigan workshop, gives a much finer finish than other blast cleaning methods.
This is because the finish is produced through flow of water borne abrasive, resulting in a flushing action. No media is impregnated into the surface, nor is there any dust created by the break-up of media, unlike dry blasting where the finish is produced by sheer force of media impact.
A specially designed pump agitates water and media into a slurry, and pumps it to the blast gun. At the same time, air is introduced at the blast gun nozzle, to accelerate the slurry to a high velocity, giving it a greater cleaning effect on impact.
This gives your metal objects a cost effective yet “good-as-new” finish, perfect for classic car parts and Victorian fireplaces alike!
Applications for vapour blasting include:
- Degreasing / surface finishing of components in the automotive, reconditioning, restoration and maintenance industries
- Cleaning of dies & moulds
- Windfarm and associated industries
- Amusement parks
- Removal of paint, rust, scale, carbon & similar deposits on any metal object
- Surface preparation prior to bonding, re-painting or re-coating
- Satin finishing of stainless steels & other special materials
- Cleaning of PCB’s & electrical connectors
- Production deburring
The advantages of vapour blasting are:
- Dust free process
- Cleans by flow of water not by impact
- Simultaneously degrease & blast clean
- Water acts as a lubricant between media & component
- Promotes longer media life
- Produces a softer finish
- Avoids media impregnation on soft materials
- Minimal surface degradation
- In process rust inhibitors used for non ferrous metals that can be painted over without further preparation